NEET Highlights – What’s New?
The Medical Council of India has introduced some changes in NEET on the recommendation of the Union Health Ministry. Take a look at the changes implemented:
- NEET stands as the single-level medical entrance test conducted nation-wide, thus scrapping AIIMS and JIPMER entrance tests
- The 15% All India Quota scheme is now joined by states of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh
- Qualifying NEET UG exam is now a must even for Indian candidates who desire to pursue medicine abroad
- No restriction on the number of attempts at NEET. However, age limit restriction must be followed as per corresponding categories
- A total of approximately 543 cities in India and 14 Cities Outside India have been added for NEET (UG) – 2022
- Revision in examination fee
- The duration of the NEET 2022 will be 200 minutes (03:20 hours) from 02:00 PM to 05:20 PM (IST)
NEET 2022 Exam Dates – Important Dates For NEET 2022
Candidates who are willing to take part in NEET 2022 can check the table below for all the important dates.
Application form – Date of release
6th April 2022
Application form – Last Date Of Application
6th May 2022
Application form fee – Last date to submit
7th May 2022
Correction Window Portal Opens
To be announced
Admit Card Release date
To be announced
NEET 2022 Exam date
17th July 2022
NEET 2022 Announcement of Results
To be announced
NEET 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates taking part in NEET must be well aware of the eligibility criteria for NEET 2022. Read to find complete details on eligibility criteria:
- Candidates must have passed/appeared for class 12 or an equivalent exam. Candidates appearing for the class 12 exams are also eligible
- Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English must be the major, mandate subjects
- Candidates must have obtained the required aggregate marks in the qualifying examinations:
- Unreserved and General-EWS Candidates – 50% marks in the qualifying examinations
- SC/ST/PWBD candidates/Other Backward Classes (NCL) – 40% marks in the qualifying examinations
- Candidate should be an Indian citizen.
- If the candidate does not reside in India then he or she should be an OCI (Overseas Citizen of India)
- Non-Resident Indians (NRIs)
- Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs)
- Foreign Nationals
- Candidates from the J&K state are eligible to appear for NEET 2022 under the All India 15% quota only by self-declaration. Such candidates can also get admitted to AFMC, Pune
- Indian Citizens/ OCI intending to pursue Undergraduate Medical Courses in a foreign Medical/ Dental Institute also need to qualify for NEET (UG)
- Candidate has completed 17 years of age at the time of admission or will complete that age on or before 31 December of the year of candidate’s admission to the first year of the Undergraduate Medical Course
- No upper age limit as decided in the fourth NMC meeting held on 21 October 2021
Aadhar Card Possession
Aadhar card is no more a mandate to participate in NEET. Valid ID proof should be kept ready. Candidates belonging to the state of Meghalaya, Assam, and J&K can furnish ration card numbers, passport numbers, bank account numbers, or any valid ID number while NRI, OCI, PIO, and other foreign nationals can produce their passport numbers for the same.
- Language:- English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Marathi, Odia, Tamil, Telugu and Urdu Note: The availability of the question paper in a particular regional language will depend on the location of the exam centre of NEET 2021.
- Type of Questions:-Multiple choice with four options out of which one will be correct
Marks for a correct answer:- 4 marks will be awarded for a correct answer
Negative marking:- 1 mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer
NEET 2022 Admit Card
Candidates who have successfully registered by submitting the NEET 2022 Application form can expect the NEET admit card to be released on the official website. Some details regarding the same are as follows:
- NEET Admit Card 2022 will be released on the official website for NEET by the NTA – conducting authority for NEET
- Admit cards will be made available through the online mode only. Admit cards will not be posted
- Applicants can expect the admit card to be released sometime just before the examination
- Candidates must take a print of the admit card
- Some details on the admit card are –
- Name of the candidate
- Father’s name
- Roll number
- Exam date
- Duration of exam
- Reporting time
- Venue – exam center and its details
- Candidates must carry a copy of the NEET 2022 admit card to the exam hall
- Along with releasing admit cards, a format to affix postcard photographs to the admit card shall also be specified
- Candidates must contact the official authority for NEET, in case they find any disparity in details on the admit card
NEET UG counselling procedure 2022
NEET UG Counselling 2022 can be categories into 2 parts
- AIQ (all India quota) counselling
- State level counselling
As we know the State quota contains 85% medical seats so it is conducted by their respective states, while AIQ contains the remaining 15% seats so it is conducted by MCC.
First one is All India Quota (AIQ) for 15% seats of all Government medical colleges all across India , 100 % seats of all deemed medical colleges , all AIIMS, all central universities like BHU,AMU and Delhi University ,all ESI’s and AFMC are covered by MCC itself.
While another is State level Quota counselling which is conducted for 85% total of all Government medical colleges and 100 % seats of all private medical colleges and universities of the respective states in India and conducted by those specific states/UT only.
Students who want to participate in NEET UG AIQ counselling can follow these steps of process.
Step 1. New Candidates registration
NEET candidates who are qualified for counselling need to go to the MCC official website in order to do registration themselves for All India Quota counselling.
By registering themselves students are eligible for admission in MBBS/ BDS seats in government and private medical colleges across the country under All India Quota.
Here’s the steps
- Go to official site of MCC
- Click on UG medical counselling
- Click on “New Registration” on left side menu
You need to enter the following details in the New Registration Form
- NEET UG 2022 Application Number
- NEET UG 2022 Roll Number
- Name of the Candidate
- Date of Birth
And then create a password combination of letters, numbers and symbols.
Then submit, after that you will get OTP on your mobile number for verification.
That’s all, you registration process is completed .
Time to go on next step
Step 2. Screenshot or Printout of Registration Slip
After the registration, students can see their information on the screen about their details and login id. We recommend you to take a screenshot or print out of this information for future references.
Step 3. Login and Fill choices for NEET UG Counselling
Now login to your newly registered account using the user id (which is your roll no.) and same password that you used for registration.
Once you logged in, click on “Choice Available” option
The system will automatically show you all the available choices for you.
Check the list of colleges and click on “Choice Filling”, then on + symbol to select the colleges.
Step 4. Mock Allotment- Not available for All India India
After you submit the choice fillings, soon the system will show you mock seat allotment information in some states but this option is not available in MCC
And here you will know whether you will get the seat as per your details or not.
Trust me this step is very helpful.
Step 5. Choice Locking
In the last step students needs to confirm their filled choice information and then lock the choices. Once it’s locked you cannot unlock it for any change so make sure to confirm everything before you lock it. We wanted to make it clear that if due to any reason you don’t able to do the choice locking then on the last date of registration it will be automatically saved but same is not necessary for all state counselling. So in case of state it may be compulsory.
NEET UG counselling procedure for State Quota Seats
For 85% seats in state medical colleges, Students need to go to the respective state colleges to fulfil the procedure.
Note: Students need to contact their state colleges to get all information regarding admission because NEET counselling for State quote is only done by themselves.
List of Deemed Universities /Medical Colleges in India:
BhartiVidya Peeth Deemed Univ Pune
Meenakshi Medical College Host. and Res. Inst., Chennai
Dr. DY Patil Medical College, Navi Mumbai
MGM Medical College, Aurangabad
Dr. DYP Edu. Soc. Deemed Uni., Kolhapur
MGM Medical College, Navi Mumbai
Hamdard Inst. of Med. Sciences and Research, New Delhi
MGMC and Sri Balaji Vidyapeeth, Pondicherry
Institute of Medical Sciences and SUM Host., Bhubaneswar
MM Inst. Med. and Research, Mullana
JLN Medical College, Datta Meghe, Wardha
Rural Medical College and PIMS, Loni
JSS Medical College, Jagadguru
Saveetha Medical College, Chennai
K.S Hegde Medical Academy, Mangaluru
SBKS Med. Inst. and Res. Centre, Sumandeep Vidyapeeth
Kalinga Institute of Medical Sciences, Bhubaneswar
SDU Medical College, Kolar
Kasturba Medical College, Manipal Univ., Mangalore
Shri Sathya Sai Medical College and RI, Kancheepuram
Kasturba Medical College, Manipal Univ., Manipal
Sree Balaji Medical College and Hospital, Chennai
Krishna Inst. of Med. Scie., Karad
Sri Lakshmi Narayana Inst. of Med. Scien., Puducherry
Sri Ramachandra Med. College and Res. Inst., Chennai
Sri Siddhartha Medical College DU, Tumkur
SRM Medical College and Hospital, Chennai
Vinayaka Missions Medical College and Hospital, Karaikal
VMKV Medical College and Hospital, Salem
Yenepoya Medical College, Mangalore
Note:- Some Deemed Universities have two consitituent colleges too.